Thursday, June 30, 2011

Nebraska

In the morning, we let the horses out into an arena to stretch their legs. Kristie was up and making pancakes for us. In the daylight, I could see just how lovely her place is. The views were amazing.

Kristie's hospitality did not end with the stalls, hay, water, beds, shower, meals, unpacking and packing; she gave Anna and me each a brand new bottle of Pirhana Fly Spray and she gave me a Parelli Natural Hackamore. She is a very special woman and I can't believe that we were so fortunate to meet her.

The horses loaded fine and we got on the road by 8 am and Kristie led us to the hiway. We were going to Colorado, but first we had to get through the entire state of Nebraska. We stopped for lunch and gas at a Subway. There we learned that Anna may have lost  something very important. We decided that when we got to Colorado, we'd unpack and search the truck for it.

Nebraska is quite flat. There is not really much else to say. We quizzed each other on theory, got to know each other better, and listened to music. That about sums up the Nebraska part.

Then we entered Colorado! A huge storm was just to the right of us and it was creating great buffeting winds that shook the truck. Our stuff was safely tucked under the tarp, but the rain did not hit us. The wind was a little daunting, though, and I was driving.

We were almost to 3-Star Parelli Professional Julia Ryman-Bell's house when we stopped at a gas station. I picked out a few post cards and we used the gas station's snow removal shovels to pick up the horse poop that they left.

As the rain cleared up, I was looking out over the horizon when I realized that some of those shapes were distant mountains, not clouds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a young horsewoman with a million things on my mind. I have been a student of the horse all my life. As a little girl, I had a desire to understand horses on deeper levels. I believed that there was no such thing as a bad horse, and I believed that all horses were beautiful. One might say that I was a naive child, but I guess I don't have an excuse anymore, because I still believe all of that, and Parelli Natural Horsemanship is helping expand on this perspective.

What We Are Currently Playing With

  • Moving Close Circles at Liberty
  • Soft, Balanced Canter on 45' Line
  • Zone 5 Driving