Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Watching Their Faces

This blog will be about my sessions with Blu and Misty on December 22, 2010. 45 minutes with Blu, 15 with Misty.

Blu and I played the corner games at the walk and trot with contact. We played with body position, straightness, and backing. At the end, we cantered 2 large circles in a lovely, elevated canter.

Misty and I really played. She offered tons of great stuff at liberty. She was doing perfect, fast spins, we started a figure eight pattern with flying lead changes, and she got one complete circle.

Today, I had the right focus. I was just out to be recreation for my horses. I was not out to make progress toward a black string or prepare to impress the judges of my audition. I was there for those two horses.

Today was about watching their faces. Sometimes we forget to really look at their faces and answer the question of why we are doing this. I had a really good time and tried to make it fun for them. I hope they enjoyed themselves as much as I did.

Natural Horsewoman Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a young horsewoman with a million things on my mind. I have been a student of the horse all my life. As a little girl, I had a desire to understand horses on deeper levels. I believed that there was no such thing as a bad horse, and I believed that all horses were beautiful. One might say that I was a naive child, but I guess I don't have an excuse anymore, because I still believe all of that, and Parelli Natural Horsemanship is helping expand on this perspective.

What We Are Currently Playing With

  • Moving Close Circles at Liberty
  • Soft, Balanced Canter on 45' Line
  • Zone 5 Driving