Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Misty's Really Itchy Spot

Official Records Information:
Misty 7/21/10 afternoon 45 minutes

I finally am getting that look I love to see in Misty's eyes right from the start. I was setting up the cones for our weave and she was trying to connect with me the whole time. When I picked up the halter and 45' line, she was less enthusiastic, but still wanted to maintain connection. So I did approach and retreat and with in a few minutes she was putting her head into the halter.

Before my play session, I tied her to the fence and tended a wound on her back leg. The results of that situation were great. I stayed persistent and polite in the proper position until she understood what was going on. She also did better with the fly spray (more PPPP).

I did some one line driving, but the flies were driving us crazy so it was hard for us to concentrate on one another. I did a couple tail yields, just to remind her. I got her set up for two line driving and we weaved through the cones nicely. I was going to try a figure 8, but she gave me the greatest look as we were beginning it, so I asked her to come in. She was trying it her neck with her back hoof, so I helped her out.

I spent the rest of the time I had with Misty itching her neck in that spot. She nearly fell over on me she was so enthused with me scratching her itch. It was funny.

Natural Horsewoman Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a young horsewoman with a million things on my mind. I have been a student of the horse all my life. As a little girl, I had a desire to understand horses on deeper levels. I believed that there was no such thing as a bad horse, and I believed that all horses were beautiful. One might say that I was a naive child, but I guess I don't have an excuse anymore, because I still believe all of that, and Parelli Natural Horsemanship is helping expand on this perspective.

What We Are Currently Playing With

  • Moving Close Circles at Liberty
  • Soft, Balanced Canter on 45' Line
  • Zone 5 Driving