Friday, September 17, 2010

Good Bye, Baby

Yesterday morning, my mom woke me up with the news that one of our most beloved cats was hit by a car. I was in shock. Later in the morning, we went to the pine tree under which my dad had put her. There she was. My mom and I put our hands on pet her and pet her. And cried. I could not believe that she was no longer living.

My mom and I buried her under a beauty bush that Baby always loved to sit under and watch the world from. She was so amazing. I can't stand talking about her in past tense. She is just not a past tense sort of being.

Baby was so special, and I can't imagine my home without her. I regret that we don't have many photos of her.

So, this post is for Baby and I will visit it to record memories of her.

If Baby had been a horse, she would have been one of the best horses I had ever known. As it is, she was one of the most brilliant felines this planet has ever been walked upon by.

Natural Horsewoman Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a young horsewoman with a million things on my mind. I have been a student of the horse all my life. As a little girl, I had a desire to understand horses on deeper levels. I believed that there was no such thing as a bad horse, and I believed that all horses were beautiful. One might say that I was a naive child, but I guess I don't have an excuse anymore, because I still believe all of that, and Parelli Natural Horsemanship is helping expand on this perspective.

What We Are Currently Playing With

  • Moving Close Circles at Liberty
  • Soft, Balanced Canter on 45' Line
  • Zone 5 Driving