Monday, September 20, 2010

Itchy Gelding

I had a really rough day, today. It seems that every day is a rough day. I keep thinking that something's gotta give. There was never a bad day when I was at the Performance Summit, so that was a nice break from the monotony of bad news barrage that I can't escape from at home. Today, I got more bad news. One can only take so much. I think that one very large bag of money would be really helpful right now (right!).

Suffice it to say I did not have time to have a session with Blu, tonight. I could have, but it would have shot the evening's homework. I drove straight past home and went to the farm. I got out of the Barnkat and went straight to the pasture. I met Blu's eyes and climbed through the fence. I ran out and then walked and stopped to let him finish closing the distance between us. The thought of "who moves his feet more crossed my mind as he ambled over to me. I may have run four times the distance that he walked. I did not beckon him, though.

I hugged him and smelled him. He is such a good friend to have. I like to say that everyone who has horses should get to know or have at least one horse as special as Blu. I began itching him, and it turned into a 15 or 20 minute itching time. At one point, he was getting a little too pushy as he put whatever part of his body near me that he wanted itched. So, I procupined him sideways. At first he was out of balance and not yielding his hindquarters as fast as his front end, but he evened out pretty quick. That little bit cured his pushiness. Other than that, it was very relaxing getting all the dirt under my fingernails. Blu loved it. He was in seventh heaven.

Natural Horsewoman Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a young horsewoman with a million things on my mind. I have been a student of the horse all my life. As a little girl, I had a desire to understand horses on deeper levels. I believed that there was no such thing as a bad horse, and I believed that all horses were beautiful. One might say that I was a naive child, but I guess I don't have an excuse anymore, because I still believe all of that, and Parelli Natural Horsemanship is helping expand on this perspective.

What We Are Currently Playing With

  • Moving Close Circles at Liberty
  • Soft, Balanced Canter on 45' Line
  • Zone 5 Driving