Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Work from 7:30 to 7:00...

Official Records Information:
Misty, 5/26/10, morning, 1 hour
Blu, 5/26/10, evening, 1 hour

Today, I had to work form 7:30 am to 7:00 pm. Knowing this, I got up at 5:00 and got down the farm ASAP. By the time I was ready to catch Misty, it was 6. Catching was a whole lot of leaving for her. I stuck to my guns and too tired, will finish later....

Natural Horsewoman Out.

EDIT: I found this written and dated about today
"I got up at 5:00 am so I could play with Misty before work at 7:30. I worked on the foundation of flying lead changes. She has a speed show on June 4 that I have to shape her up for. I take speed very seriously. It is not about going fast, it is about precision and control. Maggie's horse is very fast, but she is fast in all directions at the same time. Misty wins because we are precise. Speed is a ton of fun, I just don't like it when some people drive their horse loopy by making it into some kind of crazy, dangerous race."

Natural Horsewoman Out.

1 comment:

  1. Keep your chin up! All those long hours of playing with your horses pay off in a big way!

    Hope to see you someday soon in a fast track course!

    Naturally,
    Lyndsey & Hillary
    Parelli Mastery Program

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a young horsewoman with a million things on my mind. I have been a student of the horse all my life. As a little girl, I had a desire to understand horses on deeper levels. I believed that there was no such thing as a bad horse, and I believed that all horses were beautiful. One might say that I was a naive child, but I guess I don't have an excuse anymore, because I still believe all of that, and Parelli Natural Horsemanship is helping expand on this perspective.

What We Are Currently Playing With

  • Moving Close Circles at Liberty
  • Soft, Balanced Canter on 45' Line
  • Zone 5 Driving