Monday, August 30, 2010

Affection

ORI Misty 30 minutes midnightish 8-30-10

Misty. Goodness, she is my best friend. We have been through so much together. I worry that she doesn't like me, but puts up with me. I requested that a friend of mine (Megan) speak with Misty. She is an animal communicator (www.moonmare.net). Below is what she sent me about her session with Misty.

Misty is a thinker, but to the point of worrying. She is reactive. I’d say RBI in the sense that she is likely to worry for quite a while before you see it. If you ignore it, then you get the RBE head-up, jigging, nervous, barely under control horse.

She is a picture-talker, rather than using words. She finds safety at home; away from home is really overwhelming. She likes working with you. She likes to go slowly – probably far more slowly than you might think. This is the RBI side of her.

She is quite strong about NOT wanting to be retired. She finds the other person who rides her to be of very uneven energy and jerky in her motions. Her movements on the reins can be abrupt, as can movements with her legs. Her uneven energy affects Misty quite a lot. It unsettles her and she has a hard time settling again.

She really likes it when you sit in the pen/arena with her and she can investigate you on her own time/terms. She likes sniffing your head.

She gets a huge adrenaline jolt when she does things at speed. She sort of likes the adrenaline but it doesn’t help her think clearly. She needs someone steady who can amp up with her and enjoy the speed, but can then model relaxation for her and help her let down after the adrenaline rush.

She can zone out a bit, especially when circling. She gets into a sort of machine-like state where she just goes. Sometimes it startles her when she disengages, because when her body stops circling her brain snaps back on.

She wants me to tell you she is giving you a little shove with her nose. It is affectionate. Again, she is not using words. But the feeling is to not be too hard on yourself. And she is there for you.

I have been really beating myself up over this, and hearing this was very validating for me, since it assuaged many of my concerns and also verified some of my late hypotheses about Misty's true horsenality and motives.

I burst into tears and, at midnight, got out of bed and drove to the farm to see her. I got out of the Barnkat and left the lights on. I hugged her then sat in the pasture for 30 or 40 minutes. Misty stood by me, investigating. She smelled my hair, looked into my eyeballs, stood with her butt to me for a bit, kept looking at me from there, then turned around and stood by me again. Later, she bimbled away, but she maintained a sort of connection with me, rather than cutting it off and ignoring me.

During my sit with her, I was talking and talking until I had nothing left to say. After I stopped talking is when she left. It was very emotional for me.

Before I left, Misty was sending me treat vibes, so I went into the barn and got her some peppermint treats. Connor came over to see what was going on and I left the two. I was still very emotional. So much has been going on lately and I am at the breaking point, or at least I was. Actually, I think it is safe to say that I broke. Yes, it is safe to say that. But breaking can be a positive thing, a catharsis of sorts. I think it was necessary in order for me to move on with my life with some form of clarity.

My favorite part of Meeeegan's reply is the end. That means more to me than any one reader could possibly fathom.

Natural Horsewoman Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a young horsewoman with a million things on my mind. I have been a student of the horse all my life. As a little girl, I had a desire to understand horses on deeper levels. I believed that there was no such thing as a bad horse, and I believed that all horses were beautiful. One might say that I was a naive child, but I guess I don't have an excuse anymore, because I still believe all of that, and Parelli Natural Horsemanship is helping expand on this perspective.

What We Are Currently Playing With

  • Moving Close Circles at Liberty
  • Soft, Balanced Canter on 45' Line
  • Zone 5 Driving