Monday, March 29, 2010

Library of Horsemanship

I spent a couple hours at the University library with my jaw on the floor. I am going to spend the rest of my college career working through MSU's horse book collection. I picked up an armful of books after much deliberation and walked to work.

I was exhausted and almost decided to just stay home and get homework done, but after a shower and some soup, I was ready to go! I had been inspired by a savvy club back issues I watched and read this weekend and I met Blu at the gate and took him to the permanent round corral we have and worked on two concepts with him then put him to bed and sat in the other pasture and watched Britney play on line with Connor. Misty spent the whole time standing over me, which was awesome. It's coming back! Everything I thought we had lost, the three of us (Misty, Blu, and me) is coming back. Phew!

I brushed Misty at liberty and put her to bed. Bridget is such a big help and a joy to watch. I recommend that everyone get a friend like Bridget!

Natural Horsewoman Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a young horsewoman with a million things on my mind. I have been a student of the horse all my life. As a little girl, I had a desire to understand horses on deeper levels. I believed that there was no such thing as a bad horse, and I believed that all horses were beautiful. One might say that I was a naive child, but I guess I don't have an excuse anymore, because I still believe all of that, and Parelli Natural Horsemanship is helping expand on this perspective.

What We Are Currently Playing With

  • Moving Close Circles at Liberty
  • Soft, Balanced Canter on 45' Line
  • Zone 5 Driving