Tuesday, January 25, 2011

As Luck Would Have It

I was able to get home for a quick session before heading back into class for a special lecture. Luck seemed to be on kind of on my side, today, because Maggie had time to video tape a bit of my session, for me. I am trying to make this a regular thing--I just like being able to review what I did and maybe see things I missed the first time through. Thanks to my new Flip Share, my videos are in amazingly clear HD and I can actually see things I may have missed.

I kind of did a repeat of what I did with the zone 5 driving on Monday. Blu was getting quite sensitive to those cues, too. Then I began to add curves in. It took a while, but pretty soon, we ended up with several nice circles around me close. I don't know when, but at some point, the batteries died.

Blu is still pinning his ears a lot, I noticed.

After we reached a great point on the ground, I climbed onto the gate and called Blu. He walked over and was good about getting into position, at first. Then he took a big yield and ended up with his butt facing me. It was not an "I'm ignoring you" deal, though. Asked if I could get on this way, and he said I could. As I carefully slid on, he did not show any negative responses.

I played the counting canter strides game while staying on the rail. It took him FOREVER to get exactly 5 strides and not 5 1/2 to 8. Nonetheless, he did finally get that. Or maybe it was just that I finally found the way to have the most clarity of transition in my own body. . .

Natural Horsewoman Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a young horsewoman with a million things on my mind. I have been a student of the horse all my life. As a little girl, I had a desire to understand horses on deeper levels. I believed that there was no such thing as a bad horse, and I believed that all horses were beautiful. One might say that I was a naive child, but I guess I don't have an excuse anymore, because I still believe all of that, and Parelli Natural Horsemanship is helping expand on this perspective.

What We Are Currently Playing With

  • Moving Close Circles at Liberty
  • Soft, Balanced Canter on 45' Line
  • Zone 5 Driving