Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Martin Luther King Jr. Day Inside

Today is a day off school, thanks to Martin Luther King Jr. But Maggie and I spent the day inside doing homework. I decided it was going to kill us if we didn't get out to see some equine action. So, Maggie and I rode our horses around our property as a much-needed break from homework :p. Blu was totally full of it, as was Ginger, but we had fun. I did have Blu canter a circle and stay on the original track. Then we had a spook-tastic moment when Blu did a squeeze between the trailer and pine tree and over the tarp. It scared the heck outta Ginger and that scared Blu. He immediately came back down to being relaxed, but Ginger was keyed up for the rest of the time. Luckily, Maggie and I had already dismounted before coming back to the front of the yard ;). Back to homework!

Natural Horsewoman Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a young horsewoman with a million things on my mind. I have been a student of the horse all my life. As a little girl, I had a desire to understand horses on deeper levels. I believed that there was no such thing as a bad horse, and I believed that all horses were beautiful. One might say that I was a naive child, but I guess I don't have an excuse anymore, because I still believe all of that, and Parelli Natural Horsemanship is helping expand on this perspective.

What We Are Currently Playing With

  • Moving Close Circles at Liberty
  • Soft, Balanced Canter on 45' Line
  • Zone 5 Driving