Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Diagnosis and Prognosis

I watched the March DVD last night and decided to use the 7 games to diagnose and then fix broken things. I did the massages and TTouches that Blu’s chiropractor showed me yesterday. He obviously really enjoyed it ;). I took him to the round pen and ran through the games really quick the way Linda does with her "new" horse, Jazz. I spent the time I had left fixing the porcupine on the nose, which went exactly the way that it does in the Savvy Club DVD for March. Blu was putting his head down or to the side instead of backing up. I stayed with him no matter what and increased the pressure when he put his nose in the wrong position. With many steps, I lead him to the answer--back up straight, don't dodge.

Natural Horsewoman Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a young horsewoman with a million things on my mind. I have been a student of the horse all my life. As a little girl, I had a desire to understand horses on deeper levels. I believed that there was no such thing as a bad horse, and I believed that all horses were beautiful. One might say that I was a naive child, but I guess I don't have an excuse anymore, because I still believe all of that, and Parelli Natural Horsemanship is helping expand on this perspective.

What We Are Currently Playing With

  • Moving Close Circles at Liberty
  • Soft, Balanced Canter on 45' Line
  • Zone 5 Driving