Saturday, March 12, 2011

Hesitation in My Heart

Today I did a good job of going on line when I needed to. Blu was showing nice draw, but he was also exhibiting some disinterest. He came under a wire to get to me, which was cool to watch him problem solve. But later, he put more effort and confidence into squeezing under the wire to leave me. That's when I decided to go on line. I had been working on zone 5 driving a bit.

I put on the 45 foot line, grabbed our "Jolly Ball" and tossed it to our play area. I played with his yo yo after some friendly game. Once he was going back and forth with straightness and confidence, I played the circling game with him.

I wanted to stop him at the Jolly Ball. I stopped him in the general vicinity, then he began to stop and ask a question around there. He was really connecting and conversing with me on the circle, too. I decided to end it there.

He came in and I just stood with him for a while.

After I was done playing with Blu, I jumped on Misty bareback and bridleless. I played with the weave pattern, then I decided to make a question box because her weave was nice, but her impulsion was wonky. She was kind of too ready to go forward, and it showed in her impatience as I transported cones around. I didn't get frustrated or anything, I just observed.

With the question box, she got better control of herself and more connected with me.

Today, I was kind of hesitant and fussy inside my heart. My spring break is slipping away. I just hope that I did things today that will help us tomorrow.

Natural Horsewoman Out.

1 comment:

  1. I have been following up on about 30 blog posts or so of yours... Wow! You have been busy blogging! It sounds like you are progressing nicely, that's awesome! In case you lost your next blog (it doesn't show up on your blog but on my google reader) I can copy and send it to you :-)

    Petra Christensen
    Parelli 2Star Junior Instructor
    Parelli Central

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a young horsewoman with a million things on my mind. I have been a student of the horse all my life. As a little girl, I had a desire to understand horses on deeper levels. I believed that there was no such thing as a bad horse, and I believed that all horses were beautiful. One might say that I was a naive child, but I guess I don't have an excuse anymore, because I still believe all of that, and Parelli Natural Horsemanship is helping expand on this perspective.

What We Are Currently Playing With

  • Moving Close Circles at Liberty
  • Soft, Balanced Canter on 45' Line
  • Zone 5 Driving