Sunday, March 20, 2011

Support

This morning was just a bit tumultuous with my gramma. I was very upset and felt totally degraded and unwanted. I went back home and hung out with my family. When I returned to the farm with Maggie, I hung back for a bit. I was just trying to level myself out before going to play.

Maggie was playing with Ginger and it looked really beautiful. She was running around and playing the cutting game. Ginger was full of it.

When Maggie came out with Ginger, I got off the fence and headed over to Blu. Blu came to the barn and put his halter on nicely. Then went to graze. That's about it. Maggie and I played a tiny bit with each other with the horses. It was fun. I miss having people around to play with. I don't really have anyone who encourages me or inspires me as a part of a mutual relationship--at least not right here with me :). Maggie has been swamped with being sick and having homework, but I get a lot of support from friends on Parelli Connect and the savvy forum. I don't know where I would be without contributions from them.

In Parelli, we teach that there are 7 keys to success. There used to be only six:
  1. Attitude
  2. Knowledge
  3. Tools
  4. Techniques
  5. Time
  6. Imagination
Now, a 7th key exists: Support. My support system right now is helping my horsemanship immensely, and I only hope that someone is deriving a bit of their support for their horsemanship journey from me.

Natural Horsewoman Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a young horsewoman with a million things on my mind. I have been a student of the horse all my life. As a little girl, I had a desire to understand horses on deeper levels. I believed that there was no such thing as a bad horse, and I believed that all horses were beautiful. One might say that I was a naive child, but I guess I don't have an excuse anymore, because I still believe all of that, and Parelli Natural Horsemanship is helping expand on this perspective.

What We Are Currently Playing With

  • Moving Close Circles at Liberty
  • Soft, Balanced Canter on 45' Line
  • Zone 5 Driving