Wednesday, March 23, 2011

It's Not Rain--It's the Trees' Voices

I did not have much time, but I hustled outside and got Misty from her stall. I was just going to take her on a walk, but I decided to ask Blu if he wanted to come. I opened the door and he came over for his halter.

With my two best buds, I head off down the drive. Misty was ahead of me and Blu was behind me. I decided to have both horses go ahead. I was in Blu's zone 3 and Misty's zone 5. I protected Misty from Blu's devious thoughts.

When we turned around, she totally relaxed and she and Blu walked at my shoulder on the way home. Both horses did great on the road. Blu was the best he's ever been.

I took them to graze under the trees. Blu was immediately ready to graze, but Misty could not yet. I pet her withers and let her walk around. She wanted to eat, but she kept bringing her head up. Finally, she blew out and began eating.

I gave her a good scratching when I put her away. Blu waited patiently on the fence while I did that. He got a good scratch when I let him go, too.

The trees are encased in ice. As the wind blows, there are a million cracking sounds, almost like the music of rain. It was lovely to hear the rain but not get all wet. I can't wait until the trees are singing summer songs.

Natural Horsewoman Out.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have some interesting weather in your neck of the woods :-) Saw your pic on Parelli Connect... Cute and Funny!

    Petra Christensen
    Parelli 2Star Junior Instructor
    Parelli Central

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a young horsewoman with a million things on my mind. I have been a student of the horse all my life. As a little girl, I had a desire to understand horses on deeper levels. I believed that there was no such thing as a bad horse, and I believed that all horses were beautiful. One might say that I was a naive child, but I guess I don't have an excuse anymore, because I still believe all of that, and Parelli Natural Horsemanship is helping expand on this perspective.

What We Are Currently Playing With

  • Moving Close Circles at Liberty
  • Soft, Balanced Canter on 45' Line
  • Zone 5 Driving