Monday, April 26, 2010

A Rainy Squish Between Shifts

Misty and Blu, hour and a half,

Misty and Ginger were in Middle Earth and the boys were all out back. The girls saw me coming out with the halter and line and ran to the front, anticipating me driving them up. I was going to ride Blu to round them up, but I decided it wouldn't hurt to see if Misty wanted the job. I shut her up front and Ginger ran back to the back to join the boys.

Misty was going frantically around the pasture, calling. I just stayed near the corn crib and waited. After several minutes, she suddenly saw me, really saw me, and walked right to me, calm as can be. She let me halter her and stepped right to me, and we were off. All of her previous frantic emotions were gone. We stopped and ate grass on the way out. When the horses were in her sights, she went into driving mode and really got in tune with me. It was a nice little collaboration of effort. On the way back to the gate, she was still calm, and I got down and did Ttouches for 5 or 8 minutes.

What a great way to spend my between-shifts break.

Natural Horsewoman Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a young horsewoman with a million things on my mind. I have been a student of the horse all my life. As a little girl, I had a desire to understand horses on deeper levels. I believed that there was no such thing as a bad horse, and I believed that all horses were beautiful. One might say that I was a naive child, but I guess I don't have an excuse anymore, because I still believe all of that, and Parelli Natural Horsemanship is helping expand on this perspective.

What We Are Currently Playing With

  • Moving Close Circles at Liberty
  • Soft, Balanced Canter on 45' Line
  • Zone 5 Driving