Monday, August 29, 2011

Firsts, Again- YAY!

I woke up at 4 a.m. to pack my belongings into Anna's truck. We left at 5:15 a.m. and said good bye to the condo. It's another day of firsts. It will be our first day in the office as a team for Faith and me; our first night in the campus cabins; our first day of exciting new food every meal; my first day of horsemanship sessions (aside from feeding and watering) outside of courses on campus! I am so excited.

Faith and I did the students a favor and cleaned out the fridge. We disposed of all food items turned science project and organized what was left so it fits better. It looks much better and we could add all of our food in! We had to run back to the condo really quick to grab Anna's cooler (oops) before breakfast (PANCAKES!!) then we fed and watered our horses.

Blu and Judge were both a little tight and worried about the image of one of the water troughs turned upside down. I walked Blu to it with pauses at thresholds and he relaxed and got some molasses water. I had a "respect at feeding time" moment with him because when I came with food, he pinned his ears. I shooed him until he had a nicer expression. I think he is ornery about his new neighbor because he has not been like that during feeding the whole time we've been here. I picked his pen while he ate happily. It was a mucky mess, but the poop is gone. Hopefully the mud dries up some today.

I sat with some pancake-eaters (and Ryan who was eating his Capt. Crunch peanut butter puffs) before heading up to the office. We were supposed to be there at 8 a.m., but I was antsy so we were 20 minutes early. I read Ray Hunt's book for a bit before Genna came in with papers to file. Faith and I filed away and learned how to make labels. While we were chipping away at our first task, I answered the phone. Mark Brown from Central patched a distressed student over to me and I am going to mail a lost and found item to the student when I send my mom's charger home. Heroic effort for the day: check.

In the office today, I learned how to:
  • print labels
  • make new folders
  • locate office supplies
  • fill out retail invoice and calculate discounts
  • transfer calls
  • make copies
Julie Cross (uh-oh, I'm already namedropping--it's all downhill from here hehehe) is taking me into town to mail some stuff this afternoon and tonight I am going to play with Blu for the first time since Thursday testing!

Natural Horsewoman Out.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    About Me

    My photo
    I am a young horsewoman with a million things on my mind. I have been a student of the horse all my life. As a little girl, I had a desire to understand horses on deeper levels. I believed that there was no such thing as a bad horse, and I believed that all horses were beautiful. One might say that I was a naive child, but I guess I don't have an excuse anymore, because I still believe all of that, and Parelli Natural Horsemanship is helping expand on this perspective.

    What We Are Currently Playing With

    • Moving Close Circles at Liberty
    • Soft, Balanced Canter on 45' Line
    • Zone 5 Driving