Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Linda Parelli

I remember when I first saw Linda Parelli at a tour stop. Her sense of humor was so entertaining and she was so sweet. She made everything she did with Beau fun and we could feel how much she enjoyed what she was doing. Linda's performance that day is the reason I fell deeply in love with Parelli Natural Horsemanship; she is the reason I became a student of Parelli and a member of the savvy club.

When I began to learn from the box levels, Linda was my teacher. She continued to use her sense of humor and I was grateful for her clarity in communicating. Pat made appearances, but Linda was humanized by her constant presence. When I met her years later for the first time, I was amazed by her willingness to talk about things in depth. The next time I saw her in person, I presented her with a painting and I felt like I was giving a painting to a close friend who had no idea who I was.

One thing that has surprised me while I have been here at the Colorado center is how rare it is to see Linda Parelli. In my head, I realize that I have a picture painted in my mind of the old course designs that were taught by Linda quite frequently. Now Linda is a scientist and discovering and writing about her findings. I realize that all those years I took Linda's presence for granted. It seems that it is a part of the dynamics of DVD lessons and being a progressive teacher. So many students must feel as impacted as I do, now. Another dynamic is that as Linda and Pat continue to get better, they deserve to teach the best students with the most advanced skill sets when it comes to face-to-face teaching. I am glad that she has come to that point in her teaching career because now I will know that if I end up in her "classroom," I am on the right track.

Natural Horsewoman Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a young horsewoman with a million things on my mind. I have been a student of the horse all my life. As a little girl, I had a desire to understand horses on deeper levels. I believed that there was no such thing as a bad horse, and I believed that all horses were beautiful. One might say that I was a naive child, but I guess I don't have an excuse anymore, because I still believe all of that, and Parelli Natural Horsemanship is helping expand on this perspective.

What We Are Currently Playing With

  • Moving Close Circles at Liberty
  • Soft, Balanced Canter on 45' Line
  • Zone 5 Driving