Sunday, August 7, 2011

Learning How to be Left Behind

A bit of a dramatic morning with our ride to the ranch was how my day began. I am trying to be in control of what I focus on, so I discarded some thoughts that would not help my situation in any way and focused on cheering up my roommates and relaxing.

After noon, I realized that I had the phone numbers from some of the other carry-on fast trackers. I got a hold of Sue Ellen and she came to our rescue. The horses were very happy to see us. I had an unfortunate run in with Anna during which I voiced my feelings on being left behind. It would seem that my efforts to discard bad thoughts were for nought because I was actually just stuffing all my bad thoughts.

I was quite contemplative of how I should have been thinking. I spent the afternoon with Dani at home taking notes on Parelli material. Dani and I went to the Ranch in the evening and I played with Blu. I had wanted to ride, but I just got to a good place on the ground and put him away. Playing with Blu helped put things into perspective and I finally came to the true realization that everyone was doing the best with what they had. That is the truth I choose to believe.

Natural Horsewoman Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a young horsewoman with a million things on my mind. I have been a student of the horse all my life. As a little girl, I had a desire to understand horses on deeper levels. I believed that there was no such thing as a bad horse, and I believed that all horses were beautiful. One might say that I was a naive child, but I guess I don't have an excuse anymore, because I still believe all of that, and Parelli Natural Horsemanship is helping expand on this perspective.

What We Are Currently Playing With

  • Moving Close Circles at Liberty
  • Soft, Balanced Canter on 45' Line
  • Zone 5 Driving